Who says you can't have the scrumptious comfort of oats on these chilly winter mornings if you're trying to watch your carb intake?
This recipe will give you all the feels without the high carb content.
1/2 cup Milk of choice
2 tablespoons Chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
Your favourite fruits/nuts/seeds as a topping
1. Heat the milk in a small saucepan on the stove over low-medium heat. When the milk begins to get warm, add the chia seeds to the saucepan.
2. Stir the chia seeds and the milk with a silicone spatula or a whisk, making sure to break up any clumps of chia seeds. Depending on your stove, you may need to turn the heat down a little so that the milk does not burn.
3. Continue to stir this mixture for about 5 minutes or until the chia seeds have absorbed most of the milk (it should have a gel-like consistency). It is important that you keep stirring it to prevent burning or clumping.
4. Turn off the stove and stir the vanilla extract into the pudding.
5. Scoop the pudding into a bowl and top with your choice of fresh fruit, seeds and/or nuts.
*If you're short on time in the mornings, mix all ingredients in a jar or plastic container and pop in the fridge overnight. In the morning, open it up and mix through another dash of your chosen milk and chuck it in the microwave until warm for Cheats-Chia-Pudding!
Recipe from Sarah Makes Lunch