Cauliflower mash is a tasty alternative to rice and works well as a base for curries or stir-fry dishes is you are aiming to reduce your grain or starch intake. It has only 9g of carbs compared to 45 in a cup of rice, and its super easy to prepare!
Try out this gorgeous curry this week and tell us what you think!
40g Tikka Masala Curry Paste
40g Low Fat Natural Yoghurt
200g Lean Chicken Thigh Fillets, fat trimmed
½ Cup Salt Reduced Chicken Stock Liquid (120g)
½ Cup Reduced Fat Coconut Cream (125g)
40g Baby Spinach
2 tbs Fresh Coriander (6g)
1. Combine curry paste and yoghurt in a large bowl. Add chicken and stir until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight, to marinate.
2. Heat a large deep non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add any excess marinade and stir to coat.
3. Add stock to pan and stir well. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Stir in coconut cream. Remove lid and simmer, for 10 minutes or until sauce reduces slightly. Remove from heat and stir in spinach to wilt.
5. Meanwhile, cook cauliflower in a steamer set over a saucepan of simmering water until tender. Using a handheld blender, blend cauliflower to a coarse puree. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
6. Divide cauliflower mash and chicken curry between plates. Top with coriander to serve.
Recipe from Woolworths.