Spring is here and the weather is getting warmer (finally!) You know what that means??
The outdoor BBQ is back!
We love using the barby on a spring and summer evening. It's so easy to throw everything on there: all meats and veg ca be cooked in one hit for a quick prep and even quicker clean up!
Here's a scrumptious yet simple recipe to break out the BBQ with and which will put a new spin on the old hamburger patty.
500g grass fed beef
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Steak Seasoning
120g crumbled blue cheeseGrilled Marinated Portobello Mushrooms:
3 medium portobello mushrooms
1 red onion sliced into rings
1/4 cup Italian Salad DressingCompound Butter (optional):
30g butter, very soft
60g crumbled blue cheese
1 tablespoon minced parsley
2 teaspoons minced shallot
1. Mince the parsley and shallot.
2. Put the butter in a small bowl. Stir or mash with a fork until smooth.
3. Stir in the crumbled blue cheese, shallot, and parsley until combined.
4. Scoop the compound butter onto a piece of waxed paper, centering it lengthwise down the middle of the paper. Roll into a log, twist the ends, and refrigerate.
Mushrooms and Onions:
1. Cut the onions into 1/4 - 1/3 inch rings.
2. With a medium sized spoon, scrape out the gills from the mushrooms.
3. Pour the salad dressing into a bowl and dip the mushrooms into the dressing, distributing the dressing on all surfaces.
4. Coat the onions with the rest of the dressing.
5. Grill the Portobellos on the grill, gill side down first, then flip to finish cooking.
6. Cook the onions to char them a bit.
7. Place the mushrooms and onions on a platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
Blue Cheese Burgers:
1. Break up the ground beef. If it breaks up into super tiny pieces, add 2 tablespoons of oil. Also add the oil if you are using grass-fed beef because that tends to be a little lean, otherwise you're good to go.
2. Sprinkle the Worcestershire sauce and Steak Seasoning over the meat and mix thoroughly with your hands.
3. Add the blue cheese and mix again.
4. Divide the meat evenly and roll into three balls. Flatten into patties (I use a burger press) and make a slight depression in the center of each patty. Grill to your desired level of doneness.
Assemble: Separate the onions. Place the hamburger patties on the mushrooms, top with a pat of blue cheese butter and then finish with 1/3 of the grilled onions.
Recipe from Low Carb Maven.