Got stuck at the office late again and can't be bothered slaving in the kitchen for ages to make dinner? Tempted to sneak through a drive through, or worse, just eat the litre of ice cream in your freezer when you get home? Don't do it! PLEASE! If you need something fast and simple to prepare after a long day then you can't really beat a stir fry. All you need to do is make sure you have the ingredients in the fridge at home and it really takes no time at all. Extra points if you dice up the veg and meat ahead of time so all you have to do is toss it into a hot pan with the right sauces and flavourings.
- 1tbs olive oil
- 500g diced chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tsp minced garlicChilli flakes (optional)
- 500g of your choice of vegetables, diced
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauceSesame oil
- 1 x 450g pkt Woolworths Select microwave brown rice family size
- 1/2 head cauliflower if you desire a low carb option instead of the brown rice
- 1 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- Wedges of lime, to serve
1. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium to high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes until well browned. Add garlic and desired amount of chilli flakes, if using, and cook for a further minute until fragrant.
2. Add vegetables to the pan and combine with chicken. Cook until vegetables are tender. Finish with soy sauce and a light drizzle of sesame oil.
3. Prepare rice as per the packet instructions. Divide across four bowls and top with chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and a squeeze of lime, to serve.
*For a lower carb option; grate a half cauliflower and pop in the microwave, covered, for 2min. Use this instead of the brown rice or mix up a bowl with 1/2 rice 1/2 cauli-rice.
Recipe from Woolworths.com.au