Get all the goodness, warmth and comfort of a beautiful enchilada dish without the high-carb price tag. The perfect recipe to kick off your 28 Day Challenge next week!
2 cups tomato passata
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, chopped
1 tbs finely chopped oregano, plus extra sprigs to serve
2 garlic cloves, crushed
35g sachet taco seasoning
2 x 400g cans red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
2 cups Mexican inspired shredded cheese
5 large zucchinis, thinly sliced lengthways
olive oil cooking spray
coriander leaves, to serve
lime wedges, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200 °c/180 °c fan-forced. Grease a 20 x 30cm (5cm deep) baking pan. Spoon 1 1/2 cups passata over base of pan.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and oregano, then cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and taco seasoning, then cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add half the beans, stirring to coat. Remove pan from heat.
3. Using a fork, roughly mash bean mixture. Transfer to a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup cheese and remaining passata and beans. Stir to combine.
4. Place 4 zucchini slices, slightly overlapping, on a flat surface. Spoon 1 heaped tablespoon bean mixture on one short end. Roll up zucchini to enclose filling. Place seam-side down in dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and bean mixture to make a total of 16 rolls.
5. Spray zucchini rolls with oil. Scatter over remaining cheese, season, then bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Scatter over coriander and extra oregano. Serve with lime wedges.
Recipe from Woolworths.