If you've ever toyed with the idea of trying vegetarian, or even just reducing your meat intake somewhat, then this is the perfect recipe to get you started.
With the moderate spice and warmth of an authentic Thai curry and a little hit of protein from the tofu, this is definitely a recipe you're going to want to try out this week!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 block tofu, cut into cubes (approx 14oz, firm or extra firm)
- 1 medium onion, chopped2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 med zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- a squeeze of lime juice
1. Heat the avocado oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
2. Add the tofu and cook on each side for 1-2 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
3. Transfer the tofu to a bowl then heat the remaining 1 tbsp of avocado oil in the skillet.
4. Add the onion and garlic and let cook for 2 minutes. Then add the zucchini and red pepper and let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Add remainder of the ingredients and mix everything together until well combined.
6. Add back the tofu and mix.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed, then remove from heat and serve immediately.
For a low-carb version of this recipe; try using 'riced' cauliflower instead of rice!