Ahhhh the elusive low carb pizza base. Is there actually a good one that really exists out there? Something that satisfies the expectation for that crusty base but without the carbs?
Well we think this one does alright. It's everything you want... cheese, pepperoni and tomato deliciousness. Have a crack and tell us what you think!
1 cup shredded cheese, preferably mozzarella or provolone
3 tbsp unsweetened tomato paste
1 tsp dried oregano
3/4 cup shredded cheese
Handful of leafy greens
4 tbsp olive oilsea salt and ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Start by making the crust. Crack eggs into a medium-sized bowl and add shredded cheese. Give it a good stir to combine.
3. Use a spatula to spread the cheese and egg batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can form two round circles or just make one large rectangular pizza. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the pizza crust turns golden. Remove and let cool for a minute or two.
4. Increase the oven temperature to 225°C.
5. Spread tomato paste on the crust and sprinkle oregano on top. Top with cheese and place the pepperoni and olives on top.
6. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the pizza has turned a golden brown color.
7. Serve with a fresh salad on the side.
Recipe from Diet Doctor.